- Ponyhof aims to connect talented emerging painters with a wider public who - without being collectors in the know - have a keen interest in buying contemporary art.
- Ponyhof is cognizant of the contemporary art market, but does not blindly follow art market trends. First and foremost it seeks to identify artists who are able to produce non- commercial work, and enable them to earn a living.
- Ponyhof promotes painting exclusively. Again and again, painting has been declared completely moribond, whilst remaining consummately fashionable within the contemporary art milieu. Ponyhof seeks to spur a stronger interest in painting among amateur buyers and collectors alike.
- Ponyhof seeks to slow down the high-speed internet habit of buying with a click. Whilst acknowledging the revolutionary opportunities the internet provides to increase artists’ visibility and reach a wider audience, it refuses to sacrifice quality and selection. Ponyhof is neither an online commercial gallery, nor a supermarket-gallery for undisciplined shopping.
- Ponyhof wants to stimulate physical encounters with art works. Acquiring contemporary art is not a simple equation of: high price + white space = quality art. Art is a matter of emotion, intellectual investment, and education of the eyes. It is this philosophy which inspires Ponyhof to organise a programme of events and studio visits. Our jpegs are simply an appetiser for your curiosity.